12 days! That's funny!
Here's the list:
- Beijing - Tibet "Express" Way, China 2010. Length: 62 miles. Delay: 12 Days. Reason: Too much traffic, especially trucks.
- Bethel, New York, USA 1969. Length: 20 miles. Delay: 3 Days. Reason: Woodstock music festival and its 500,000 visitors.
- Chicago, USA 2011. Length: ? miles: Delay: 12 Hours. Reason: 20.2 inches of snow
- East/West Germany 1990. Length: ? miles. Delays: ? Days. Reason Unification of Germany, 18 Million cars going both ways on a road meant for 500.000.
- Texas, USA 2005. Length: 300 miles. Delay: 48 Hours. Reason: Hurricane Rita approaching, 2.5 million people fleeing Houston.
- Lyon-Paris, France 1980. Length: 109 miles. Delay: ? Reason: Skiing holidayer returning to Paris and bad weather.
- Moscow, Russia 2012. Length: ? miles. Delay: 3 Days: Reason: Snow storm on the M-10 Highway.
- San Paulo, Brazil 2009: Length: 182 miles (out of 522 miles of road). Delay: ?. Reason: Normal traffic delays.
- Tokyo, Japan 1990. Length: 84 miles. Delay: ?. reason Holidayers heading back home and people evacuating upcoming typhoon.